For additional security of online transactions, ProCredit Bank, along with VISA and MasterCard, offers 3D Secure (Three Domain Secure) service developed under international standards.
What is 3D Secure?
International Payment Systems have developed a service known as ‘Verified by Visa’ in the case of VISA and as ‘MasterCard SecureCode’ in the case of MasterCard.
The service requires a 3D code – a unique online identifier – to validate online card purchases, thus providing an extra layer of security for online shopping.
Online card purchases will be confirmed each time by dynamically generated single-use 3D code generated directly at the time of online shopping and sent via SMS to the cardholder's mobile phone number. The 3D code is valid only for the given transaction.
3D Secure is a mandatory service available on websites with ‘Verified by VISA’ and ‘MasterCard SecureCode’ statuses. Such websites are identified by the ‘Verified by VISA’ and ‘MasterCard SecureCode’ logotypes on their home page.
3D Secure benefits
- Extra controls to protect the cardholder against unauthorized use of card data when doing online shopping
- The cardholder needs no special equipment and/or software to use 3D Secure
- The 3D code is sent via SMS directly to the cardholder's mobile phone number
- Only the person who knows the 3D code can confirm the card purchase on website
- Your 3D code is not known to website owners
How to use 3D code
To use the service of receiving 3D code, you need to register your mobile phone number with the Bank in advance before doing online shopping. This can be done both during a visit to any branch of the Bank and independently through Internet Banking:
* Go to the ‘My Profile’ menu, then ‘Personal Information’, select ‘Phone Number for Plastic Cards’ and enter your mobile phone number.
You need to register ‘Phone Number for Plastic Cards’ only once, to which a dynamically generated code will be sent via SMS to confirm each online purchase.
Online purchase using 3D dynamic code
- Choose the products or services you wish to buy on websites with ‘Verified by VISA’ and ‘MasterCard SecureCode’ statuses.
- Go to the purchase page.
- After entering your card data, you will automatically be redirected to the webpage (see ‘Verified by VISA’ and ‘MasterCard SecureCode’ example here) where you will need to enter the 3D code in the relevant field, which will be sent to your mobile phone number registered in advance with the Bank.